books i read and liked
"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." -C.S. Lewis
Replace tea with coffee, and I'm sold. Here are some of my favorites in a variety of genres.
- Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller.
- Searching for Sunday by Rachel Held Evans
- Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist
- Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist
- Strangers At My Door by Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove
- Everything Happens For a Reason: And Other Lies I've Loved by Kate Bowler
- Of Mess and Moxie by Jen Hatmaker
- Love Does by Bob Goff
- Listening to Your Life by Frederick Buechner
- Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed
- If You Feel Too Much by Jamie Tworkowski
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham
- Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
music to my ears
"Music is the great uniter. An incredible force. Something that people who differ on everything and anything else can have in common." -Sarah Dessen, Just Listen
I believe in the power of music to connect, heal, and inspire. Some of my favorite artists and groups:
- Mipso, NEEDTOBREATHE, The Oh Hellos, Ben Rector, The Lumineers, Dawes, The Avett Brothers.